[mythtv-users] Adding new fields to a theme?

Alex McLintock alex at owal.co.uk
Sat Nov 21 13:15:09 UTC 2009

I understand that MthTV 0.22 has moved more towards the mythui library which
will be better in the long term. To this end only a few themes have been
ported to this new standard - and these are mostly Widescreen themes.

Now I have a problem. None of the themes I can find will tell me the size of
the file. I used this feature a lot in deciding what to delete and what
didn't record properly. (I have a lot of zero length recordings).

Looking at the themes I am guessing this is something to do with the
templates like this

thethemes/Mythbuntu$ grep SUBTITLE *
recordings-ui.xml:            <template>%|"SUBTITLE|"% %STARS%
schedule-ui.xml:            <template>%|"SUBTITLE|"%\n%LONGREPEAT%%STARS|

So I am guessing that I can add a new field in to the template and there you
go. Is that possible?

So I go hunting around for documentation and I find a little on the wiki
such as

but very very little of it says whether it is valid before 0.22, after 0.22,
or both!

(I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 as the back end - and sometimes use it as the front
end too)