[mythtv-users] remote frontend and jpg vs png

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 05:52:18 UTC 2009

I was struggling for a while trying to understand why, following my
upgrade to 0.22, that I could no longer see any channel icons and most
of my movie posters on my remote frontends.  It finally dawned on me
that the few images I can see are all .png, while all of the images
that are not visible are .jpg.  Has anyone else noticed this?  If this
is a new "feature", can anyone recommend a utility to convert all of
my .jpgs to .pngs?

I'm assuming anytime one updates/adds fanart or posters, or
mythfilldatabase gets a new channel icon, one needs to manually
convert from .jpg to .png?