[mythtv-users] 0.22 upgrade makes people searches case-sensitive

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Nov 21 05:22:28 UTC 2009

    > Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:56:29 -0500
    > From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    > > ...so to be clearer:  Are there any places where a user might sensibly
    > > type in a random-case string (e.g., in a power search or the like)
    > > where case-sensitivity might cause a match failure, and are those
    > > places (if any) documented somewhere that users are likely to find
    > > them?

    > Not really.

Ah, excellent.  Thanks!

(I've been burned in the past by subtle changes in capitalization;
e.g., series that change from mixed-case to uppercase, and then there
are instances like k. d. lang where it's never clear whether the
broadcaster is going to capitalize it they way -they- like it or
the way every one else capitalizes names, etc...)

    > >   Nobody's going to just randomly find that changeset.
    > >
    > > (Looking at that changeset doesn't immediately make me think that
    > > case-sensitivity is going to be a problem, but I probably wouldn't
    > > notice it from a cursory scan.)

    > Yeah, it only really has a direct effect on the user for keyword and
    > people searches.

Ok.