[mythtv-users] 0.22 upgrade makes people searches case-sensitive

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Nov 21 04:29:03 UTC 2009

    > Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:37:55 -0500
    > From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    > On 11/20/2009 09:53 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
    > > (Then there's the
    > > issue of command-line options, of course.)

    > Oh, and if you mean the settings names used with overrides (which are
    > not meant for general use, anyway), not anymore.
    > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22779

Ah.  I'm on -commits, but the comment for that commit makes absolutely
no mention of that.  Inspection of the code finds some toLower's that
I assume are doing this (I haven't compared to the previous version
of the code since those change regions are large).

So I take it that all of these will now work?  If so, that's much
friendlier than the old regime.

  mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=OpenGL
  mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=opengl
  mythfrontend -O themepainter=OpenGL
  mythfrontend -O themepainter=opengl

Is this going to be documented somewhere?