[mythtv-users] 0.22 upgrade makes people searches case-sensitive

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Nov 21 04:23:48 UTC 2009

    > Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:33:01 -0500
    > From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    > On 11/20/2009 09:53 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
    > > Is there some easy way for users to figure out which elements of
    > > Myth's UI are case-sensitive, and which aren't?  For example, are
    > > -all- other 0.22 DB columns case-sensitive?  (Then there's the
    > > issue of command-line options, of course.)

    > See the changeset I linked which lists all of them.

...so to be clearer:  Are there any places where a user might sensibly
type in a random-case string (e.g., in a power search or the like)
where case-sensitivity might cause a match failure, and are those
places (if any) documented somewhere that users are likely to find
them?  Nobody's going to just randomly find that changeset.

(Looking at that changeset doesn't immediately make me think that
case-sensitivity is going to be a problem, but I probably wouldn't
notice it from a cursory scan.)