[mythtv-users] What flavor of Linux are you using?

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Fri Nov 20 15:50:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Andy Hohenner wrote:

> Just tried building with Fedora 11, but just found out they took out the
> ability to automatically log in (atleast without making edits to conf
> files that I don't completely understand), so considering trying another
> version.

I use Fedora. You get bleeding edge software, which is good when you get new
features, and bad when you find out things broke.

To enable auto login, just edit /etc/gdsm/custom.conf and add:

[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=username

to the bottom, replacing 'username' with the user you want to auto-login.

Run Fedora if you like being bleeding edge and always having the latest of
everything. If you don't like constantly upgrading, I do not recomend using
Fedora.