[mythtv-users] New Channel Scanner is really annoying

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:14:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Devin Heitmueller <
devin.heitmueller at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:27 AM,  <stefan_jones at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Oh, for cripes sake!
> >
> > I've done four or five scans this evening.
> >
> > Stations which formally were recognized and included in the channel
> lineup
> > are skipped.
> >
> > A carefully edited channels.conf doesn't seem to make a difference.
> >
> > What is this cryptic crap about giving conflicting channels a new number,
> > and then having the new number rejected?
> >
> > What do I care about encoding types?
> >
> > The choices for "off the air channels" are ignore, delete, or make
> > invisible. What if I WANT them?
> >
> > I finally used my channels.conf to guide me through adding some
> transports.
> > Then I did a transport scan, and got my clear QAM local channels set.
> Patches are always welcome from those who are the most significantly
> bothered by the state of the code.
> Devin

Agree with you.  I have had .22 channel scanner issues since I got cable.  I
have similar erros for QAM scanning.

I opened a ticket but it was rejected as not an error.  But it clearly is.
To get around it I use my HDHR, the windows gui, and SiliconDust's lineup
server and manually enter channels into the MySQL DB.  Its really
frustrating as it worked perfect in .21.

Not having the skills of programming to fix it, I really get a bad taste in
my mouth.