[mythtv-users] defunct mythfrontend children processes

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Fri Nov 20 13:34:20 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Read http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6137#comment:3 for why it's not
> "fixed" that way.
>
> We still need to find out what's breaking when things aren't as
> "expected" and fix that, too--at least in 0.22-fixes.  In trunk, we'll
> likely throw away the whole approach and go with a udev lib or similar
> approach.
I don't know if it is useful info or not, but on my Ubuntu 9.10 system,
I had about 15 of those zombie processes, and the frontend would lock up
frequently.  The lockup involved the frontend freezing for about a
minute, then when it came back it would be in Myth Gallery with no
images no matter what screen I was in to begin with.  I copied udevadm
to udevinfo and both the zombies and the freezes stopped, and now my
system works as it should.  I know that isn't the "right" fix, but it
has been the difference between working and not working for me.

Jeff.
--
I haven't smoked for 3 years, 3 months and 3 days, saving $5,361.42 and
not smoking 35,742.82 cigarettes.