[mythtv-users] FC8 --> F12 Upgrade: MythTV doesn't work with LIRC anymore

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 06:08:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Andrew Junev <a-j at a-j.ru> wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> Friday, November 20, 2009, 1:02:01 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Have you check your Frontend setup to make sure it's correct?
>
>> Should be in Setup:General -->  8th page --> LIRC Daemon socket:
>> That should be set to /var/run/lirc/lircd
>
> Ummm, I don't have 8th page in Setup:General. It ends on the 7th
> page with "Automatically run mythfilldatabase" settings.
> I couldn't find anything LIRC-related in "General" at all...

The setting for LIRC Daemon socket is on page 9 of Setup:General, when
running trunk.
I don't think that setting existed in 0.21, though.

You can also tell lircd where to create that file using --output:

lircd --device=/dev/lirc1 --output=/dev/lircd

Pretty sure "old" place was /dev/lircd, so starting up lircd like that
might make it work for you.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.