[mythtv-users] Do GuiOffsetX and GuiOffsetY do anything?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 23:49:55 UTC 2009

I am trying to fine tune my GUI screen to correct for overscan and be
able to see everything.  I have tweaked the settings in the database
and figured out that a 1168x657 screen should do the trick.  However,
I have a horizontal black strip at the top and I could go for a little
more room at the bottom (i.e., the GUI is not horizontally centered).
I thought I could adjust the GuiOffset settings, but that does
nothing, even if I enter ridiculous values like 100 or -100.  Is this
the expected behavior or should I do something else to center it?
This is on myth .22.

Thanks