[mythtv-users] sanity check or repairing DB for 0.22 upgrade.

Alan Anderson andersonas at comcast.net
Thu Nov 19 23:41:09 UTC 2009

Hi

I have no idea when this corruption happened.  All versions of mythtv  prior
to 0.22 do not see any issues.  Could have occurred back in 0.16 for all I
know.

I added a  line:
	sql-mode=""
to /etc/my.cnf.  But since this is always been fedora core unless one version
of mysql from FC2 to FC11 used something else for a mode it would have always
been the default.

No errors on mysqld startup.

I have tried a full backup/restore under 0.21.  it still fails if I try to use
the restored DB under mythtv 0.22..

But only on the mythvideo schema update.   The rest appear to update OK.

2009-11-19 15:27:24.012 Upgrading to MythVideo schema version 1017
2009-11-19 15:27:24.240 DB Error (performActualUpdate):
Query was:
ALTER DATABASE mythconverg DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1;
Driver error was [2/1283]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
Database error was:
Column 'filename' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index

2009-11-19 15:27:24.241 Couldn't upgrade video database schema, exiting.
2009-11-19 15:27:24.241 Unable to initialize plugin 'mythvideo'.

I did empty the mythvideo directory and made sure all front ends rescanned for
videos and dropped any reference to the files that are no longer there.  It
did not help.

I guess in theory I should be able to find the record(s) in the backup .sql
file  that is corrupt and fix it then restore.  I have looked through the
backup .sql file I do not see a section specific to mythvideo.  So it is
probably called something else.  Does anybody know what the exact statement is
that it is trying to execute?

Or can I drop just the mythvideo portion and reset that part?

Quick check with one FE under 0.22 everything looks OK except mythvideo.

I have a dual boot backend  one partion for FC11 mythtv 0.21 another for FC11
mythtv 0.22.  One FE at 0.22 for testing.