[mythtv-users] Patch to get Jamu to get Series info from pathnames

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Thu Nov 19 19:05:27 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I made a patch for Jamu to enable it to get information about TV Series
from the full pathnames where the video files are stored.

The patch allows Jamu to process video files stored in any of the
directory structures outlined on
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing. It will try to match
the filenames against the default Jamu regular expressions and if it
does not find a match, it will attempt to match against the full
pathname of the video file.

I've tested this on my system with several TV series (along with
regular movies) and it seems to work, correctly finding all the
information needed.

I don't know how to submit the patch since there is no contact
information for the Jamu author and I am not familiar with the code
submission process for MythTV yet. It would be great if one of the
developers can take it and include it in the official Jamu.

Until then, please give it a try...

--
- Mitko