[mythtv-users] Freeview HD in UK in 6mths?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 03:10:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> can anyone afford DVB-T2 gear at the moment?
>
> Have only seen one reasonably priced card so far and that is a) still
> expensive and b) windows only.

I think DVB-T2 has only just been ratified as a standard (if at all).

Strictly T2 is not needed for HD, Freeview in NZ operates HD over
DVB-T. However if Freeview UK has chosen to use T2 its going to be a
period of pain while cards and drivers become available.

I suspect the open source programmers will be on to it as soon as they
can. DVB-S2 drivers work already.