[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 21:17:17 UTC 2009

> So I would think that "theme complexity", in terms of number of
> widgets, would be a more accurate predictor of CPU utilization.
> Unfortunately, I don't know how to evaluate the complexity of the
> various screens of the various themes.
>
> EVERY theme I try settles to the same CPU usage no matter what screen I'm
on.  I can be on the first menu screen, I can be in the watch recordings
screen.  It doesn't matter, they all utilize 14% of my 1Ghz CPU eventually.
Sometimes they start at less than 1%, sometimes more than 30% depending on
the initial draw of the screen, but they all settle out to ~14% no matter
what screen in ALL the themes.