[mythtv-users] Can Myth 'tune' these 'free' converter boxes?

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:58:43 UTC 2009

Mark,

Have you tried this yet?  I am in the same boat:  I have Comcast, an HDHR,
and dual PVR analog tuners that will sooner or later be useless as Comcast
moves analog content to the digital tier (and, in some cases, encrypting it
so that the HDHR is useless as well).

Was looking for ways to get at the stuff on the digital tier that is
currently encrypted and unavailable to the HDHR.  Channels like TruTV.  I
would consider the HD PVR, but that is pretty expensive and will require
that I rent yet another STB to serve as a dedicated tuner.