[mythtv-users] issue with screensaver / DPMS when Integrating HuluDesktop in Myth

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 13:35:54 UTC 2009

I've edited the videomenu.xml and added the following:

  <button>
     <text>Hulu Desktop</text>
     <action>EXEC /usr/bin/huludesktop</action>
   </button>

But my screen keeps on going blank after about 7 - 10 mins. I thought
it was the gnome screensaver but I've told it that idle isn't until 2
hours. I also chmoded that to 000 so that it couldn't start. I
researched and it appears it may be DPMS so I've tried a script that
runs 'xset -dpms' in my .profile and also in the script called from
.huludesktop to disable the screensaver. Nothing seems to work. I was
wondering if there's some magic regarding where in the MythTv menu
xml's I place the 'EXEC /usr/bin/huludesktop' so that Myth would
handle this like it does for live tv.

Please help - runaway power mgmt / screensaver !!