[mythtv-users] Upgrade question

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Wed Nov 18 12:10:50 UTC 2009

On Wed Nov 18, 2009 at 11:56:44AM +0000, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> Try again with just the questions:
>
> How do you update the database schema from 0.21 to .022, other
> than running mythtvsetup? Is there a standalone script?

The update script is embedded in the code - there's no way of running it
standalone.  Running either mythtvsetup or mythbackend will run the
update process (and mythfrontend will run it for frontend plugins).

> Would the 0.22 version of mythconverge_restore --change_hostname
> successfully work on a 0.21 database?

I suspect so, though I don't know for sure.  It'll certainly back up and
restore 0.21 databases so I'd think it would manage the hostname change
as well.

Cheers,
    Robin
--