[mythtv-users] LiveTV problems after 0.22 upgrade

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Nov 18 09:56:46 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Per Öberg" <oberg at isy.liu.se>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2009 10:17 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] LiveTV problems after 0.22 upgrade

> Hi all
> Just upgraded from 0.21 to 0.22 and ran in to some problems.
> In short: I can record as usual and then watch recordings but I cannot
> watch LiveTV. The error message is "Could not connect to master backend
> -- is it running?"
> The weird thing is that everything else seems to work just fine. I have
> done some debugging and it looks like the ip address for the master
> backend is suddenly changed from the correct value "" to
> another value "lightening" when switching to live tv

I get much the same, so far using a FE/BE on mythbuntu 9.10.  Odd.

I also can initially get  "Could not connect to master backend -- is it running?" however after a few seconds the message no longer
comes up, its like the backend takes longer to get going than the frontend does.

I am using a 500T tuner, I've overwritten the firmware dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw with dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw

Anyone solve this?