[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.22 upgrade problems

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 08:25:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Mike Smith <easygreenus at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sorry for my confusion, but I don't think I created a storage group /var/dvd.

Whatever you did point myth's video storage group at contains that
file, or did last time you scanned, or it wouldn't be set up as a
storage group hosted file in the DB now.

> Are you saying mplayer won't work with an NFS mounted filesystem?

No, I'm saying what I said before-- the URL that's being passed to
mplayer (myth://Videos@192.168.1.142:6543/BEERFEST.iso) tells us that
the metadata for the movie thinks it's storage groups hosted, which
won't work in mplayer.  not coincidentally, ISO playback also won't
work with the Internal player via storage groups right now.  Simply
mounting the directories is not enough, you need to remove the video
storage group and rescan with only the NFS mount (and a properly
configured frontend setting pointing to that dir) to be able to use
mplayer, or play ISOs with the internal player.

Robert