[mythtv-users] Status of subtitle support in MythVideo Internal player?

Scott Alfter scott at alfter.us
Tue Nov 17 23:28:34 UTC 2009

Warpme wrote:
> In my case, for having subs,
> "Setup/TVsettings/PlaybackOSD/AlwaysDisplayClosedCaptioningOrSubtitles"
> should be ON.

That works for subtitles in MythVideo, but it means that captions are displayed
for TV recordings until they're turned off.  Captions can be turned on/off for
TV recordings by pressing T, but this key seems to have no effect.  Looking at
the keybindings table in the database, there doesn't appear to be anything in
there pertaining to subtitles or captions.

select distinct action,description,keylist from keybindings where context="Video";

+--------------+----------------------------------------+---------+
| action       | description                            | keylist |
+--------------+----------------------------------------+---------+
| BROWSE       | Change browsable in video manager      | B       |
| DECPARENT    | Decrease Parental Level                | [,{,F10 |
| DOWNLOADDATA | Download metadata for current item     | W       |
| END          | Go to the last video                   | End     |
| FILTER       | Open video filter dialog               | F       |
| HOME         | Go to the first video                  | Home    |
| INCPARENT    | Increase Parental Level                | ],},F11 |
| INCSEARCH    | Show Incremental Search Dialog         | Ctrl+S  |
| ITEMDETAIL   | Display Item Detail Popup              |         |
| PLAYALT      | Play selected item in alternate player | ALT+P   |

I'm running MythVideo 0.22 (build 22763, pulled in by a Gentoo ebuild). Would
adding a TOGGLECC action in the Video context (there's one in the TV Playback
context) fix this problem?

Scott Alfter
scott at alfter.us