[mythtv-users] Help with theme writing (porting Retro)

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Tue Nov 17 19:20:53 UTC 2009

First -- is this the appropriate place to post questions on writing themes ?
If not where is the correct place (devs list ?)  Second -- I will happily
accept pointers to documentation as the answer . . .

I'm working on themeing the recordings-ui.xml file. Starting from the
default theme, I wanted to replace the rounded area used to select a
subtitle with an image.  I replaced this:

                <state name="selected" from="active">
                    <shape name="selectbar">

With this:
                <state name="selected" from="active">
                    <imagetype name="selectbar">

This 'works', however, mythfrontend now displays an error about a duplicate
object "selectbar". Experimentation seems to indicate the area is still
being defined, somewhere. If I change the name of the image, both the area
and image show up -- even though I am not defineing it.

I'm having some other problem but I'm going to post one at a time, since as
I said it 'works', but there are weird side effects, such as in other states
I can then change the font size, but not the color.

Full recordings-ui.xml and useable Retro-wide theme available here: