[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun & multirec

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:50:13 UTC 2009

>> Multirec also helps if you schedule back to back recordings with "extend
> end of recording by x minutes".
>
> How does it help if you are recording two separate frequencies?

Also, last I checked, you have to be a little careful using multirec with an
hdhr.  Last I heard, It only records the multiplex for the duration of the
first subchannel to use it.  So you have a 1hr show starting on one
subchannel, and a 2hour show starting a half hour later, you'll be out of
luck, you'll only get 30minutes of that 2hr show.  Can anyone provide an
update?  Maybe this has been fixed.  My understanding was that this was
specific to the hdhr, not all ATSC.