[mythtv-users] Fan speed control using lm-sensors doesn't work.Help, please.

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 17:23:49 UTC 2009

>Without more specifics (eg: CPU), those temps are probably fine.  70'+ is
>when you need more active cooling

The CPU is an AMD 5400+  I think it is rated for 70 degrees.  The heat sink
is rated at .25 degrees per watt and seems to be doing that as best as I can
tell.  It is drawing a combination of case and room air so that isn't a huge
rise.  I get 60 degrees with the CPU loaded 80 percent, which seems to be
maximum.  The largest temp difference seems to be case to CPU so I guess
that is just something I have to live with having bought the AMD chip.  60
degrees just seemed high to me.

Allen