[mythtv-users] ATI TV Wonder HD600 (from Woot.com)

Jennifer Mallorie jennifermallorie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:12:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Paul
<pturpin+mythtv at gmail.com<pturpin%2Bmythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Jennifer Mallorie
> <jennifermallorie at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I figured out to go into the Input connections and "bind" the card to
> > schedules direct like the HD homerun is.
> > I thought that fixed it. At least the tuner shows available now - but all
> > get now is pure static. Not even vague shapes of any images. I've swapped
> > cable from the HDHR to the ATI just to be sure it was getting a signal
> from
> > the antennae and still nothing but static. I'm not sure I have it set
> right
> > in the backend/capture card.
> > It defaulted to "Analog V4L"  but there are lots of options and I don't
> know
> > what any mean. I tried the USB but that didn't help.
> >
> > My husband set this up and he is not around anymore and I just don't know
> > this stuff very well.
> >
> > Can you tell me your settings?
> >

> >> Jenny
>

> What type of capture card did you set it up as? Based on that you are
> attaching it to the same antenna as the hdhr i am guessing you are
> trying for ATSC. I had to set up the card a DVB card, not an analog
> one to accomplish this.

I had already tried "Analog V4L" and "USB MPEG-4" and neither worked. On
your suggestion I just tried the "DVB DTV" type and it works!
You guessed correctly it is just an antannea for over the air broadcasts. I
think that is the same as ATSC but I'm not positive.

The only problem now is the System Status/Tuners screen now shows tuners 1,
2 and 4. It skipped 3 for some reason but I can live with that.

Thanks so much for your help!

Jenny