[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu phpmyadmin change port

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:58:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am running mythbuntu.

I have mythweb installed with a password and I just installed phpmyadmin.
Ubuntu installs this on port 80 along with mythweb.  I can view it by just
adding phpmyadmin to the URL.

To increase security I would like to change the port number of phpmyadmin to
81.  This way I can still allow port 80 in from internet but have no chance
of them hitting phpmyadmin.

My googles were saying to add a virtual host but things are not matching
up.  I was following this:
http://www.tequilafish.com/2007/08/02/apache-virtualhost-on-ubuntu/

mitchell at mythtv:/var/www-81$ cat /etc/apache2/sites-available/phpmyadmin
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.254:81>
  ServerName phpmyadmin
  DocumentRoot /var/www-81
</VirtualHost>

But cant telnet to port 81.  Does mythbuntu have the firewall enabled?  How
do i move phpmyadmin into /var/www-81?  It doesnt have a folder in /var/www.

What am i missing?

Thanks,

--