[mythtv-users] Graphics card recommendation needed (regarding tv-out quality)

Mike Hoehn bit at birnehh.shacknet.nu
Tue Nov 17 14:35:34 UTC 2009

Johnny wrote:

> I should clarify you need to go 8600/9600 or higher for HD Advanced
> 2x. Also don't put aside the 210 or the 220 too quickly they can be
> found $30 and $50 respectively so it may be worth to just get the
> newer cards. The 210 would be comparable to a 8400 and the 220 would
> be comparable to a 8600/9600.

Ok... I ordered a 8400 anyway, because I'm sure it will be sufficient for
quite some time. And it's a little cheaper and power consumption should also
be a little less than with newer cards.

Low power consumption definitely raises the WAF. :) (I also ordered a 45W CPU,
not a 65W or even 95W one)

So, I'm pretty confident she will love it. My only concern was
video-quality...

Thanks,
Mike