[mythtv-users] Slow scheduling response

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 17 02:25:20 UTC 2009

On 11/16/2009 08:34 PM, Lane Roberts wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 11/16/2009 07:20 PM, Lane Roberts wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - there was definitely
>>> something wrong with the schema. Scheduling is back down to sub-2
>>> seconds, which is good enough for me.
>>>
>>> The only issue I ran into was that my backup had an `offset` column in
>>> recordedmarkup, that is not present in the new schema. I truncated the
>>> partial restore tables, added the `offset` column, and re-ran the
>>> restore without any problems.
>>>
>> You can only do a partial restore from/to the same version of MythTV schema.
>>  If you did a partial restore from your 0.21-fixes database into a
>> 0.22-fixes schema, it will corrupt some of your data.  (Most noticeable, in
>> this case with seeking in old recordings and with bookmarkes, etc.)
>>
>> If you want to do the partial restore from your 0.21-fixes database, you'll
>> need to follow instructions at
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/406111#406111 (which
>> includes a "blank" 0.21-fixes database--use that instead of start
>> mythtv-setup to create the schema).
> ok, I did see that part in the docs. The two issues you mentioned, I'm
> not too concerned about (I've only got a few existing recordings). How
> likely am I to run into anything more serious?
>
> Since I only added the offset column for the restore, then dropped it,
> I should be alright going forward, correct? I'm only really concerned
> about what happens when I go to upgrade to .23. I'm assuming that
> since the schema is now correct, I should be alright?

Without knowing the exact steps you followed and versions of everything
used in the process, I can't even guess as to what problems you may
encounter--and definitely am not willing to say you won't have problems
(even if I were trace all of the code to find out what should have
happened and compare it to what did happen).  But, the process described
in the link above will work and give you good data.

I highly recommend re-doing the restore with the proper versions of schema.

Mike