[mythtv-users] Graphite theme consuming 100% CPU while idle

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Nov 16 22:29:51 UTC 2009

Mitko Haralanov <voidtrance at comcast.net> says:
> I switched the theme and then I noticed that it mythfrontend started
> taking up 100% of the CPU while sitting idle at the main menu. This
> only happens with the Graphite theme.

By "the main menu," do you mean Watch Recordings or the menu above
that (the real "main menu")?

In the main menu I don't see anything too unusual CPU-usagewise with
Graphite (a few percentage points for the subtle throbbing of the
highlighted menu entry), but I do see 25% usage at Watch Recordings
versus 0-2% for other themes on my Pentium 4 3.0GHz frontend.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array