[mythtv-users] After upgrading from .21 to .22 my Hauppauge PVR-500 now shows as remote and disconnected, part 2

Despayre mythtv at rccfo.ca
Mon Nov 16 19:13:24 UTC 2009

How does mythtv know where the encoders are? I have been through my
setup 4 times, all my IP addresses are correct, however the encoders are
always reported by mythweb as remote and disconnected. Watching TV shows
only the encoders that actually are remote.

If I re-run mythtv setup, and specify everything as (on my
master backend, where the encoders actually are), should that not force
mythtv to accept the encoders as local?

What else can I try?