[mythtv-users] After upgrading from .21 to .22 my Hauppauge PVR-500 now shows as remote and disconnected, part 2

Despayre mythtv at rccfo.ca
Mon Nov 16 19:13:24 UTC 2009

How does mythtv know where the encoders are? I have been through my
setup 4 times, all my IP addresses are correct, however the encoders are
always reported by mythweb as remote and disconnected. Watching TV shows
only the encoders that actually are remote.

If I re-run mythtv setup, and specify everything as 127.0.0.1 (on my
master backend, where the encoders actually are), should that not force
mythtv to accept the encoders as local?

What else can I try?

Thanks,
D.