[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Mon Nov 16 15:17:28 UTC 2009

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for letting me know about compositing - I know now not to test that.

I don't know anything about eglibc.

http://www.eglibc.org/home/ says
"Embedded GLIBC (EGLIBC) is a variant of the GNU C Library (GLIBC)  that is
designed to work well on embedded systems. EGLIBC strives to be source and
binary compatible with GLIBC. EGLIBC's goals include reduced footprint,
configurable components, better support for cross-compilation and
cross-testing."
I'm guessing we're using it for drawing the frontend in some way, although I
thought that was QT.

If we are really confident that our issue is not with the myth code and is
caused by this library in particular, how would you (or someone else) feel
about raising an issue on http://www.eglibc.org/issues/ ?

I would offer to do this myself although as I have no idea what this library
really does, I'm not sure I would be able to push things along too well,
although would be happy to try if people think this is a good idea and
no-one else is willing/able.

Thanks,

MG