[mythtv-users] Recomendation for video card. HDMI/Fanless UK ??

Ben Lancaster mail at benlancaster.co.uk
Mon Nov 16 14:40:42 UTC 2009

> Can anybody recommend a card which I can purchase in the UK.
> It needs to be VDPAU capable, fanless and have HDMI output, preferably
> with audio (if thats possible?)
> Oh and its for a full height case, Antec Fusion 2480
> http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/index.pl?prodID=B85182
> Finding all the requirements seem tricky :)

I bought this exact one a while ago from Novatech and it's been
working great for me: http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/Components/Graphics-Nvidia/Nvidia9500Series/9500GT512MB.html

Although the picture shows a fan on the card, there was no fan on mine
(just a massive heatsink) - also has HDMI -  got my HDMI audio working
using the SPDIF socket on my motherboard, hooked in to the SPDIF in on
the video card - much less hassle than getting audio going out through
the audio stuff on the card. The manual didn't mention it, but it was
marked "SPDIF IN" on the board.

VDPAU works a charm on the card - haven't run in to any problems with
it in several months of using VDPAU, am using the Advanced 2x deint too.

If I remember, I'll fish out the box and let you know the exact
manufacturer, as there's a chance that Novatech have changed which
cards they call their own (it's happened in the past), but you can
always buy it and return it if it doesn't match - you have 7 days in
the UK for anything you buy online.

Ben