[mythtv-users] Database upgrade 0.21 -> 0.22: issue to avoid

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 09:01:13 UTC 2009


I went through an upgrade from mythtv 0.21 to 0.22 yesterday and found an issue with the following (probably already mentioned somewhere else but this is how I fixed it):

the dtv_multiplex and channelscan_dtv_multiplex tables cannot be upgraded from db schema 1230 to 1231 and makes the whole upgrade fail.

This is because the table already contains a field (mysql column) that the upgrade is trying to add again when upgrading to 1231.

So what I did is to make a backup (mysqldump) of DB at schema 1230, remove the screwing field from the dump (it is an ASCII file) when it is trying to INSERT it in these particular tables, retore the modified DB, and upgrade again.

It worked pretty nicely. I can give some more technical details / howto when I am at home if someone needs it.



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list