[mythtv-users] Recomendations for FE/BE case in the UK?

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 08:03:17 UTC 2009

2009/11/16 Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com>:
> Greg, I've seen a lot of talk of this recently, maybe a fair amount from you :)
>
> One thought I had was to move my existing system to the garage,
> install 0.22 and use one of
> these acer boxes as a front end only. This would give me the WAF along
> with VDPAU, which would be nice.

My existing system is in the garage.  There is where I would like to
move the Revo, however the USB tuner does not have a remote cable, the
IR receiver is on the USB dongle, which poses a challenge to moving
it.  Soldering iron might have to be use!

> Can you tell me where they are available with Linux only, and for
> £160, seems a good price.

A few people used ballicom - they were OOS when I wanted mine;

http://www.ballicom.co.uk/laptops/sub-notebook/acer-revo-3610-atom-330-dual-core-1gb-160gb-linux.p466112.html

> What USB tuner are you using with it?

Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-TD Diversity Dual digital freview USB 2.0 TV
tuner stick.  £40 from amazon last week.  Price changed now :-(

> How are you controlling channel switching etc?

The above tuner has a mini remote that uses the same protocol as all my others.