[mythtv-users] Mythweb flash streaming seek

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 16 07:21:03 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 16/11/09, Justin Johnson <justin.johnson3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Justin Johnson <justin.johnson3 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Mythweb flash streaming seek
> To: "Mythtv users list" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> I'm looking into how I can enable
> seeking in the video file while streaming via flash. I
> don't know if it's possible since the flv file is
> created on the fly but I wanted to play around with it but
> before I got too far in I wanted to see if anyone had
> attempted such a thing.
>

> --Justin Johnson
hello,

there are two ways to do it byte seeking or time seeking
for byte seeking see http://www.coneural.org/florian/papers/04_byteserving.php the software is gpled
time seeking using ffmpeg -i video.mpg -ss hh:mm:ss.xx -t hh.mm.ss.xx
the url to use video.flv?t=00:00:00/00:00:00 to support Mv-embed see for working example http://metavid.org/w/index.php/Mv_embed#PHP_based_Flash_Media_Server

tom_a_sparks