[mythtv-users] Cannot delete some recorded programs after upgrading to 0.22-fixes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 16 04:57:58 UTC 2009

On 11/15/2009 04:08 PM, TJ Harris wrote:
> When I try to delete recordings with 0.22-fixes, they disappear
> briefly, but then show up again when the screen is refreshed.    This
> is true of both the "Watch Recordings" screen and Mythweb.
>
> In the mythbackend logs I seen entries like:
>
> 2009-11-15 12:47:52.606 mythbackend: Delete Recording: Unable to
> retrieve program info for chanid 1002 at Sun Nov 15 09:06:00 2009.
> Program will NOT be deleted.
> 2009-11-15 12:47:55.185 ERROR retrieving program info when trying to
> delete program for chanid 1005 recorded at Sun Nov 15 09:06:00 2009.
> Recording will NOT be deleted.
>

> The recordings were scheduled via Mythweb or manage recordings UI,  so
> myth definitely knows about the channels and programs.     In the case
> of the above messages, the programs were scheduled to be recorded at
> 9:06AM today, then attempted to be deleted shortly after they
> finished, and there was no other messing with the database, recording
> files, channel lists, etc.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is not happening 100% of the time.  I think that
> maybe 1/3 of the programs I delete actually get deleted.  But, 2/3
> fail.   Prior to the upgrade, when I was running 0.21-fixes, programs
> were deleted without problems.
>
> Anyone else getting this?

Most likely this is either an issue with your storage groups
configuration (i.e. missing some directories in some of you storage
group definitions) or a hostname issue--i.e. the "missing" recordings
were recorded by a different host from the one that currently has them.
The 2nd possibility--the hostname issue--would even be transparent to
playback in some configurations (with the storage group directories NFS
mounted to frontend machines).

Mike