[mythtv-users] Delete recordings from "Watch Recordings" in 0.22

TJ Harris tjharris at weaselworkz.com
Sun Nov 15 20:59:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Ramses Smeyers <ramses at smeyers.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> In 0.21 I used to be able to press the right arrow and choose "Delete"
>>> from the menu.  I know that another thread mentioned how the right arrow
>>> doesn't bring up the menu any more and the Menu key does.  But when I do
>>> that, I can't delete it.  The menu that comes up says:
>>>
>>> Recording List Menu
>>> Change Group Filter
>>> Change Group View
>>> Change Group Password
>>> Add this recording to Playlist
>>> Help (Status Icons)
>>>
>>> Outside of deleting the recording from Mythweb, how I do delete a
>>> recording in 0.22?
>>
>> You could map a button on your remote to "D" (for delete).
>
> I also find this very annoying. I'm in favour of adding this back to the
> menu which appears when pressing 'menu'.

I prefer the older "Watch Recordings" behavior too.   In 0.21, I could
press Enter to start playback, or right arrow to get the menu for more
options.   Since these actions covered 99% of my typical usage,
accessing this from the main key cluster (arrows+enter) was very
efficient.

Now, in 0.22 I need to incorporate a new and seldom used key into the
most frequent navigation process.  The current behavior makes the
right arrow a duplicate of the left arrow, it switches selection over
to the category list.  I don't see what the motivation for changing
the behavior was.

There was mention of a patch in this thread, but the description I
read didn't sound like it restored the old behavior.  Is that correct?