[mythtv-users] How to get TV Wonder USB 600 working on Linux 0.22

Paul pturpin+mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 14:22:49 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Guyren Howe <guyren at mac.com> wrote:
> I can find all kinds of comments to the effect that this device works, but no advice about what settings to use. What card type is it, for example?
>
> Reading between all kinds of lines scattered hither and yon, I gather I treat it as a DVB device. It does appear as such in /dev. I think.
>
> But it won't tune any frequencies. Everything comes up as 0 when I do a scan.
>
> I tried installing the drivers as described on the v4l-dvb wiki page about em-28xx devices:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Em28xx_devices
>
> but this made no difference.
>
> Do I need to do some setup apart from install the aforementioned drivers, before MythBuntu will be able to tune the card? Is there some other subtlety I'm missing here?

I was able to get mine working on a test system, including scanning
for ATSC channels, by following the directions here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI/AMD_TV_Wonder_HD_600_USB

I then set it up as a DVB DTV Capture card (using the device
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0, not /dev/video0) This was on mythbuntu
9.10 0.22.0+fixes22594-0ubuntu1.

Hopefully there is something here that can help you to get it working.