[mythtv-users] watching recording : sound but no voice

Guillaume Membré guillaume.ml at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 13:10:28 UTC 2009

2009/11/14 Guillaume Membré <guillaume.ml at gmail.com>:
> Hello
> When playing recording with audio track with 6 channels, I just get
> the sound (background music) but no voice. When playing recordings
> with only 2 channels, it works
> I only have 2 speakers (left / right) to my computer.
> I look around with settings of alsa but can't find anything revelant.
> Here is my setup :
> hardware : zotac ion-c
> soft : mythtv 0.22-fixes through r22772
> Audio output device : ALSA:default
> Passtrhough output device : Default
> Max audio channel : Stereo
> Upmix : Passive
> Mixer Device : ALSA:default
> mixer controls PCM
> Any help will be greatly appreciated
> Guilaume

I continue to search : mplayer plays this show perflectly over hdmi
audio with :
mplayer -ao alsa:device=hdmi 1051_20091111211700.mpg

In myth, if I setup Audio output device to ALSA:hdmi : same problem :
just background sound (music, noise) but no voice. I also tried
surround40 or surround41 or surround50 but nothing happy.
Some additionnal info :
$ aplay -L
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 Analog
    Default Audio Device