[mythtv-users] Trouble with two HD-PVRs on one system

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 21:24:18 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:29 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 05:23:32PM -0700, John P Poet wrote:
>> The whole reason I brought up the possibility of USB being the
>> problem, is my old Asus socket 478 motherboard gave me similar grief.
>> Once I switched to a Gigabyte socket 775 motherboard, those problems
>> went away.
>
> It's unfortuneately looking like the motherboard.  I thought I'd
> stumbled onto sumething the other day, but it didn't pan out.
>
> Would a motherboard with better USB support improve the stop/restart
> issue with the HD-PVR?  I'm still seeing about 2 occurrences per hour,
> even with the latest HD-PVR firmware and the STB locked to 1080i.

I can't say, other than I do not have that problem.  But, I also limit
my captures to 720p and 480i.

I would like to do 1080i, but I watch too many documentaries, and I
watch those at 1.3x timestretch.  My system can't keep up with 1080i
and timestretch using software decode.  VDPAU works perfectly ---- for
a while ---- and then I start getting minor stuttering.  So, I avoid
1080i from the HD-PVR.

John