[mythtv-users] How to tell mythtv to change the time zone

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 14 18:20:03 UTC 2009

On 11/14/2009 07:52 AM, Laura Conrad wrote:

>     Michael> OK, in that case, I'm confident that Myth knows what time
>     Michael> zone it's in.  I take it when you say Myth isn't changing
>     Michael> the time zone, is that just based on the fact that your
>     Michael> listings still show the wrong times?
>
> That and the fact that when mythweb prints anything it's printing the
> wrong time.
>
>     Michael> I think the problem is that you just need to re-get your listings
>     Michael> data.  Run the following (as the user who runs the backend):
>
>     Michael> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'TRUNCATE TABLE program;'
>     Michael> mythfilldatabase
>
> I did that.  "date" says:
>
> $ date
> Sat Nov 14 07:48:27 EST 2009
>
> But mythweb says on the "listings" page:
>
> Currently Browsing: Sat Nov 14, 2009, 01:45 PM
>
> But mythtv-status is right:
>
> MythTV status for localhost
> ===========================
> Status...........: Sat Nov 14 2009, 7:50 AM
>
> So is there something I need to tell mythweb?

As recommended in the other thread, set the PHP date.timezone in
/etc/php.ini.  Then,

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'TRUNCATE TABLE mythweb_sessions;'

And, for the future, specifics of what's failing can make it much easier
for us to help.  All this time, I was debugging the wrong issue for
you.  MythWeb and mythfrontend are very different, so if you check
mythfrontend, I'm sure it's working fine--all that's been broken since
you initially re-grabbed your listings data is MythWeb.

Mike