[mythtv-users] internal player and h264 mkv files

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Nov 13 22:30:13 UTC 2009

>    blocky  playback. mplayer -fs -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau -ao alsa plays
>    them back beautifully, but I can`t use it with SG`s.. Does anyone know
>    if this is a known issue with the internal player?

 You are likely running into a problem where the videos are using too many reference frames.

 There is a work around for it (you can get myth to up it's internal limit) which should be automatic in 0.23. If you search the list for posts by Mark Kendall I think you will find the work around.  I'm not sure if it requires an environment variable or code change.