[mythtv-users] nfs pauses

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 13 19:22:30 UTC 2009

> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:29:37 -0800
> From: gull at gull.us
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] nfs pauses
>
> Sorry if you've already mentioned this...
>
> Have you tried running "top" on the NFS server and watching the CPU load
> while you play a video? Maybe something is consuming a lot of CPU during
> the pauses.
>
> Also, what's the network activity like during a pause? Does it stop, or
> does it continue?

There was no extra cpu activity during the pauses. Also, the network activity was flat when no pause was occuring (nothing else was moving from or to the nfs server). The pauses occur when mythtv fetches the next piece of the video (or when the nfs client does). You can see my description on my first post, if you'd like.

However, the nfs server is currently doing an inplace upgrade from opensuse 11.1 to 11.2. I hope everything works out ok, I couldn't resist trying the new (for opensuse, at least) upgrade method.

Yianni.