[mythtv-users] How to tell mythtv to change the time zone

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 13 17:33:35 UTC 2009

On 11/13/2009 12:17 PM, Laura Conrad wrote:

>     >> However, mythtv is still in eastern Africa.  Needless to say, it's a
>     >> nuisance trying to find the shows I want to record since they're at 3
>     >> AM the next day, instead of 8 or 10 PM tonight.
>     >>
>     >> Is there a good way to tell mythtv to change this?  Reinstalling
>     >> wouldn't be tragic (I haven't actually gotten a usable recording yet),
>     >> but would be a nuisance.
>
>     Michael> Have you restarted mythbackend since changing the time zone?  Also,
>     Michael> depending on your distro's startup/scripts, you may need to restart
>     Michael> (reboot) the system for the changes to be "finished."
>
> I've rebooted several times.

Then check your (text file called) /etc/timezone file (and--though it
should not be used on a *buntu system, /etc/sysconfig/clock file).  If
you don't have an /etc/timezone file or an /etc/sysconfig/clock file,
Myth should be identifying the time zone based on /etc/localtime.

What instructions did you follow for changing your time zone settings on
your system?

Mike