[mythtv-users] desktop environment efficiencies.

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Nov 13 15:01:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 18:02 +1000, sylvain brejeon wrote:

> The wiki says:
> "First you should know that you can run the plain MythFrontend without
> a window manager.

Heh.

> but is the standalone FE also dependent of a WM?

As I mentioned, in my experience, which dates back to 0.19 (or was it
before that?  I forget), no.  I have never used a WM with Myth.

But even in this thread there were claims that some use-cases in Myth
would require a WM.  Given that I use mythfe, mythvideo, mythdvd,
mythmusic and mythgallery and have never needed a WM yet, I don't know
what else there could be that would require it.

Maybe somebody can point to specific use-cases that would require a WM
instead of just saying "well you must not use that parts that need a
WM".

> and in that case, what parts may I miss?

Indeed.  I wonder that too.  What are these parts that need a WM?

b.