[mythtv-users] Any way to run a user job/script when recording starts?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Fri Nov 13 08:52:27 UTC 2009

Another hack you can use is the code in http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6899;
you want to look at notice-new-files and notice-new-files-dispatcher and
(I presume) customize the latter to only do anything when it sees the
correct chanid in the filename or something.  Think of it as a very
poor man's inotify.  Still a hack, but one I've already written for
you.  And it's just a couple of bash scripts, so there's not much
there to have to figure out.  Note that you'll need one instance of
this per directory where files might land, so if you use storage
groups, watch out.