[mythtv-users] LCD and traditional CRT TVs, overscan and UI size and widget placement

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Thu Nov 12 10:46:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 19:49 +0000, Mark Greenwood wrote:

> It's not really a solution to your generic problem,

Indeed.

> but I've never seen an LCD TV that doesn't allow you to switch overscan off.

I wish.  It would alleviate the problem where it's causing me the most
grief.

It's a Toshiba 26HL37 FWIW.  I am connected to it through the DVI port
of my Nvidia video card.  It seems quite a number of settings are
"disabled" when I try to configure them on that input.

b.

I think perhaps you should have a look at the TVs menus again.

According to this site: http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=en&section=2&group=521&product=8013
the TV has Native Mode (HDMI), look at the Features tab.
And according to this site: http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=en&section=2&group=521&product=8751&category=
this means no overscan, again look at the Features tab.
So unless Toshiba has decided to use the term Native Mode for different things on different models then you should be able to turn off overscan.

JPT