[mythtv-users] Hopefully the last Revo Question

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 04:48:09 UTC 2009

> The money will never motivate them to stop pre-installing, but the
> administrative costs might if the numbers got high enough.

I don't think it is too secret. Microsoft makes it part of their
license agreement that PCs are not sold to consumers without an OS on
them. I don't think they are too worried about Linux, but they worry
about people buying the cheaper no OS PC and putting a pirated copy of
Windows on it. The OEMs would probably be happy to ship without an OS
if there was a demand for it.