[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Nov 12 02:53:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 23:05 +0000, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> No. I did mean "Interlaced x2". It's in 0.22 and some prepackaged
> versions of 0.21.

Hrm.  I don't see it.  The only Deinterlacers I seem to have (i.e. page
2 of screen ...) are Bob (2x), One field and None.  Interesting that the
description for None is "Perform no deinterlacing.  Use this with an
interlaced display whose resolution exactly matches the video size."

That actually sounds like what I want, but it doesn't match your
"Interlaced x2" naming.

> Interlaced x2 is software, so you may be able to use it.

Would be great to eliminate de-interlacing CPU load on the FE

> Not all
> cards can output interlaced modes though.

For some reason I have this recollection that some/all nvidia cards are
in this boat.

Anyone know for sure or can point to some documentation one way or the
other?  Specifically, I have a 5200.

I wonder what myth will do if I ask for Interlaced x2 and my video card
doesn't support interlaced output.

b.