[mythtv-users] Supporting our grabber sources

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 20:09:42 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

Just a note as many of you are upgrading to .22 and are enjoying the
new, open API grabber scripts.  I/we have a lot of interesting plans
for this information, some of which I've begun to work on for .23.
The result of hitting these sources with all these MythTV users are
once is hard on resources that are already stretched thin, so I wanted
to encourage you guys to provide some financial support to these guys.
 Neither source charges any money, but it would be very, very
neighborly of us to try to help them out with their server costs,
which they are currently eating the bill for.  I personally don't want
to see either source disappear and have donated to both this year.

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=donation
http://www.themoviedb.org/content/Donate

Please consider helping sites that help us out.  Improvements you see
to metadata handling in .22 are only the beginning, and we can only
continue to enhace your experience if the sources are around to
access.

Thanks,

Robert