[mythtv-users] VDPAU and auto-fill together?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Nov 11 19:08:58 UTC 2009

Does the new auto-fill feature work with VDPAU?  One of my main
motivators for upgrading to 0.22 was to have what would be "letterbox"
4:3 content zommed up to fill the screen on my 16:9 screen -- known as
the auto-fill feature.

But when I enabled VDPAU on my GeForce 8400 GS machine, the auto-fill
would just not happen.  Although the detection on letterbox content
seems to be a bit hit and miss.

While on the topic of VDPAU, how can one be sure it's actually being
used?  Will mythfrontend emit something on it's stdout when it is being
used?

How does one choose VDPAU features, such as which de-interlacer to use?

Cheers,
b.